Electric Ireland is the primary customer facing business unit of the ESB Group and is the leading energy supplier in Ireland. With over 1 million customers, both Residential and Business it is the main customer interface for the ESB Group. Our product offerings include Electricity, Gas and Energy Home services.
The Middle Office team are responsible for the provision of an independent risk management function for trading, pricing and demand forecasting activities in the Pricing & Trading area of Electric Ireland, delivering effective risk management of market, operational and credit risks, and ensuring a robust governance and control framework is in place. In addition, the development of an analytical capability to understand and quantify the exposure of Electric Irelands Pricing and Trading strategies is also part of the function of the Middle Office team. We are looking for a candidate with high potential to analyse and report on the market risks within ESB’s energy portfolio.
This role will report to the Middle Office Manager, Electric Ireland , Swift Square Santry.
- Deliver an independent view of the Trading and Pricing risks and develop associated risk management strategies.
- Ensure that all Trading and Pricing activities are in compliance with ESB and Electric Ireland approved governance standards, trading limits and controls.
- Review, report and analyse financial and volumetric exposures to assess the level of market risk for Electric Ireland
- Support the preparation of baseline energy cost analysis to estimate the expected value of Electric Ireland’s trading electricity and gas portfolios
- Support the analysis and validation of outturn energy costs as part of Financial reporting processes.
- Manage and review the level of credit risk Electric Ireland is exposed to and recommend mitigating actions where appropriate.
- Support the governance oversight process in the Electric Ireland Pricing & Trading area where appropriate.
- Constructively challenge and support the business on risk management issues.
- Pro-actively seek to further develop and enhance the capabilities of the risk analytics and reporting team.
- Support the reporting of risks to the Trading Risk Management Committee and other senior stakeholders.
- Work closely with other teams in Electric Ireland to ensure risks are effectively managed.
- Act as a liaison with both internal and external stakeholders where appropriate.
- Play an active role in shaping Electric Ireland’s activities through provision of insight and constructive challenge.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2/3 years experience in a simiar role
- A third level qualification with a strong analytical content. A professional qualification in Risk Management, or relevant experience is required
- A strong numeric and analytical ability with attention to detail
- Good decision making and problem-solving capability
- Responds to change within a fast-changing business environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team Player
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and deliver results to strict deadlines
- An understanding of energy markets is desirable but not essential
Why Work with Us?
- Opportunity to lead Ireland’s transition to net zero carbon future
- Progressive, hybrid working model
- Career development through mentoring and training
- Corporate Social Responsibility Opportunities
- Sports and Social Clubs
- Networking opportunities
- Credit Union
- Generous Pension
- Access to staff well-being programmes
- Generous parental leave entitlements
- Comprehensive Diversity & Inclusion programme
- Great team environment working to our Core Values: Courageous, Caring, Driven and Trusted
€40,000 – €50,000 per annum
18th July 2022
Note: Please advise if you require any assistance or accommodations should you be called to attend an interview.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.