At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb Ireland
Bristol Myers Squibb has been in operation in Ireland since 1964, employing over 650 people across a range of activities and business units
Located in Dublin, Cruiserath Biologics Campus, a one billion Multi-Product Cell Culture Biologics Manufacturing facility plays a central role in the Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) network as the company’s first European biologics manufacturing facility. This state of the art facility will produce multiple therapies for the company’s growing biologics portfolio. Global Biologics Laboratory (GBL) responsible for the release testing of Biologics Drug product for the network, is also based on the Cruiserath Biologics Campus.
BMS Cruiserath has been awarded “Biopharma Company of the Year 2019” in the Irish Pharma Industry Awards and is certified as a Great Place to Work since 2017, including as a Great Place to Work for Women in 2020 and 2021.
For more information about Bristol Myers Squibb, visit /ie
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a permanent Scientist, Downstream MS&T as part of Manufacturing Science and Technology to support the commercial manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals in the area of purification. Responsibilities will include design, execution and analysis of protein chromatography, viral inactivation, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, and filtration experiments and their interpretation in regards to GMP manufacturing
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to a dynamic and highly technical global team. This position will build collaborations with Process Development, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Support, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Global Regulatory Sciences groups. As part of MS&T, this position offers the opportunity to be a member of cross-functional teams addressing critical business objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support commercial and product technical transfers including late-stage process characterisation programs.
- Design and execution of experiments with an ability to interpret data in protein chromatography, viral inactivation, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, and filtration unit operations to support NPI, process characterisation and site operations.
- Preparation of study protocols and reports.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and also work independently to meet high-visibility critical business objectives.
- Troubleshooting of manufacturing process-related events and evaluation of new process technologies through the design of scale-down studies and the evaluation of data from manufacturing.
- Contributes to cross functional team (Manufacturing, QA, QC, Regulatory, Supply Chain, etc) for facility fit activities, specification changes, technical assessments, alternate vendor qualifications, change management.
- Knowledge of cGMP compliance, site and regulatory agency requirements.
- Provides process subject matter expertise for regulatory inspections, filings and other interactions with regulatory agencies, representing the Cruiserath site.
- Contributes to global network initiatives such as the evaluation of new technologies or the establishment of best practice approaches in area of responsibility
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A PhD or MSc. in Biological or Chemical Sciences/Engineering is preferred or BSc. with 2-6 years of industry and/or academic experience.
- Knowledge of protein purification, protein stability and experience with chromatography systems and small-scale UF/DF and filtration.
- Candidates must possess good organizational skills and strong attention to details, excellent experimental/troubleshooting aptitude, and be self-motivated.
- Critical qualities include a high degree of initiative, good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment while being able to prioritize
What’s important to us
Employees are expected to display the BMS Values, which move us toward our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases:
- Passion: Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results.
- Innovation: We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients.
- Urgency: We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting.
- Accountability: We all own BMS’ success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments.
- Integrity: We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues.
- Inclusion: We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential.
We have a passion for tackling the toughest diseases, which inspires innovation and speed in our daily work and a sense of accountability to the patients we serve.
Why you should apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.