Our Ireland manufacturing operation is located in Waterford. Life science company bringing expertise and innovation to our customers. We are inspiring advances in bioprocessing through the development and commercialisation of high-value products and flexible solutions that address critical steps in the production of biologic drugs. As we expand our operations in Ireland we now have the position of Senior Accountant available.
- This role will report directly to the Finance Manager and is a proven professional, responsible for all technical and operational aspects of accounting for the entity.
- This includes a hands-on knowledge of purchasing and manufacturing, intimate working knowledge of ERP systems, history of driving process and controls improvement and the ability to work effectively in a fast moving, cross-functional, environment.
- The Senior Accountant will work closely with manufacturing, purchasing, facilities, quality and other parts of the organization and is responsible for monthly variance analysis, gap resolution, financial close and operations related financial reporting.
- This role will be responsible for the timely and accurate monthly / quarterly / annual group & external financial reporting and compliance with internal controls.
- A key player in maintaining the accuracy of the Company’s standard costing system.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, including the preparation of account reconciliations, accruals and intercompany transactions
- Assist with day to day accounting activities (collections, payables, payroll, etc.)
- Perform or support various inventory transactional processing (i.e. standard cost updates, scrapping, freight allocations, etc.)
- Site point of contact for external auditors during periodic visits
- Preparation of company statutory accounts (ensuring statutory accounts can be reconciled to management accounts) and annual statutory accounts committee site contact
- Statutory reporting activities including: Ireland VAT returns, Intrastat arrivals & dispatch returns and VIES returns, Central Statistics Office returns, Government grant submission process with the Industrial Development Authority (IDA) of Ireland, Monitor balance sheet accounts and prepare detailed account reconciliations for deferred COGS, capitalized variances, E&O reserves, etc.
- Support the SAP implementation process
- Partner with cross-departmental groups to ensure 404 controls are operating effectively.
- Perform special accounting analysis and projects.
- Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA accountant ideally with 2+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Public accounting experience required (Big 4/large CPA firm preferred)
- Ideally experience working in a manufacturing environment within the pharmaceutical sector
- Prior experience dealing with reconciliations and large volumes of data A Repligen Company
- Inventory cost accounting experience
- Business acumen and an understanding of stockinventory
- Knowledge of Internal Control principles and methodologies
- Accounting standards knowledge Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, preferred
- Attention to detail but capability to think forward
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel (lookups, pivot tables, sumif etc)
- Knowledge of financial management systems (SAP or equivalent ERP system) would be a distinct advantage Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Effective communication skills are essential to this role.
- Managing both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communicator with the ability to act as a liaison between Finance and the business
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage several priorities at once.
- Ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic with ‘can-do’ philosophy
Flexible and adaptable Salary & Benefits:
- Private Medical Insurance for candidate, spouse & defendants under 18 years old
- Company pension contribution 5%
- Company and personal Performance related Bonus plan/structure
- Hybrid working model available to right candidate (after induction/training period)
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Catherine O’Hara,
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided
Please submit your updated CV in Word Format
If you are living in Ireland and hold a valid work permit we would love to hear from you, if however you do not hold a valid work permit unfortunately we will not be in a position to assist you with your job search.