About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to the Transfer Agency Dividends, Rebates & Commissions Team Leader. Responsible for processing/calculating Dividends, Rebates and Commissions within various deadlines. Checking of other partners work, across different jurisdictions, while ensuring all client service standards and regulatory requirements are met.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• To prepare or quality assure dividend, rebate and commission calculations, payments and reinvestment.
• To liaise with clients, brokers and internal stakeholders on a regular basis, ensuring all queries are dealt within the agreed timescale.
• Production of Daily, weekly and monthly stats/KPI’s
• Day to day assistance and guidance provided on the processing quality and timeliness in other jurisdictions, seeking appropriate information from local management there where required
• To work with management and the group project teams on any allocated client projects.
• Maintain relationships with third parties – to include clients and other internal departments.
• Fulfil additional, relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements.
• Ensure all client checklists and daily team checklists are signed off in a timely manner
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Good working knowledge of dividends, rebates and commissions
• Ability to review and resolve issues working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated planning and organisation skills with a flexible approach to work
• Past experience of working on own initiative
• Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
• Good keyboard skills to include MS Excel and ability to learn systems used within the business (Essential)
• Exposure to working with Multiple Currencies
• Knowledge and understanding of working within a regulatory Environment
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.