About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to the Client Services Team Manager, Ireland, you will be responsible for managing multiple Tier 1 clients and ensuring that all aspects of the service are maintained as per the Client agreements in relation to Transfer Agency (‘TA’).
The department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
We enhance the TA experience for our clients and their investors, delivering differentiated service working in tandem with TA Operations.
We are a “trusted advisor” for our clients and act on our behalf when liaising with the operational teams to resolve queries and implement service enhancements.
- Exposure to the full TA function / service offer deliverable
- Engaging with multiple TA locations
- Servicing on a range of Product offerings
- Commitment to service excellence & client centric approach
- The TA Client Service team are a team of experienced professionals.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Day to day delivery of all TA Services to the client.
- Work with Operational Partners in producing daily/weekly/monthly deliverable control checklists and ensure all targets and deadlines are met.
- Maintain Client Service levels, for dedicated clients, by ensuring timely and accurate delivery of information and work products.
- Provide technical expertise for the development of new TA Products and develop Service Level Definition’s with your clients for the take on of these new products and services
- Participates / leads client due diligence visits
- Oversees the timely completion and publication of monthly reporting including calculating Key Performance Indicator levels and review of monthly reporting packs to Consultant / Client
- Responsibility for vetting all incident reports prior to release to Relationship Manager’s/Clients and ensuring all items are added to the daily client incident log
- To work with internal departments to evaluate and implement changes in proposed new regulations and to ensure that all current requirements are met
- Manage client issues ensuring appropriate resolution, including regular liaison with Global, Relationship Managers and other Operational Managers to provide a seamless service.
- Escalate items to functional team leaders, Manager, Client Service Delivery Managers or Relationship Manager as appropriate.
- Act as an escalation point to Operations and the Fund Service Centre also escalating issues to management as appropriate
- Perform trend analysis, resolve exceptions, document issues and resolutions and communicate and escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Be pro-active in communication with Clients, providing suggestions for operational efficiencies, process improvements, and improvements to customer experience or reductions in costs.
- Champion key projects for your client/s.
- Deliver ‘Priority Client Discussions’ within agreed timetable determined by the CSM Team and Manager.
- Perform testing of client specific reporting.
- Deliver against PMO responsibilities within Client Take On process.
- Provides leadership and guidance to partners, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication and overall excellent Client Servicing
- Development, recruitment, appraisals and retention of Partners at the CSO levels
- Prior experience in a client-focused role gained in the financial services or banking industry is an advantage.
- Operational experience in a Transfer Agency role is desirable.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills required
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Planning and organisation skills
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.