Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 75,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick provides cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. We are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you, where you will be at the forefront of creating and developing specialised devices, software solutions and systems to help others. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
About the role
As Senior Embedded Software Engineer you will be responsible for writing and documenting board level C/C++ code.
Main responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for writing and documenting board level C/C++ code in an enterprise team.
- You must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction while collaborating with a global team to achieve agreed upon scheduled deliverable work.
- You will participate in a full software development life cycle and adherence to a quality management system.
- 5 – 8 years experience in a similar role
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. For example: Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Science or Mathematics.
- Experienced in developing software or firmware for optoelectronic and electromechanical devices for consumer, industrial, or medical applications.
- Solid C/C++ skills and software design, preferably for multi-threading and multi-processor application.
- Experience with common development tools, environments, compilers, build management software, debugging and source control tools such as IAR compiler and IDE, configuration management, and issue tracking tools
- Strong Design and Architecture skills
- Experience developing Hardware Abstraction Layers
- Experience reviewing, porting, and integrating third-party code, or using application frameworks
- Solid Object Oriented design skills, especially the State Machine.
- Experience with common hardware interfaces such as SPI, I2C, UART, TCP, UDP, IP and CAN
- Experience with the microprocessors such as PIC, ARM Cortex architecture.
- Experience with memory management, interrupt controller and bootloader strongly desired.
- Experience with sensors, signal processing, control systems, power electronics, motor drives, touch displays, etc
- Understanding of BSP development and driver development
- Hands on experience troubleshooting firmware/hardware interfaces using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers is required.
- Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft) is a plus.
- Experience programming Xilinx FPGA/SoC desired.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (azure devops)
- Ability to plan and organize
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program – which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components – is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.