At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
•Fulltime Permanent contract
•Attractive Salary package
•Defined Contribution Pension Plan
•Health Insurance Cover
• Health & Wellbeing Events Calendar
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Recognition scheme
• Free Parking
• Educational assistance
• Internal training courses
• Quality Subsidised Canteens & Barista Service
• Active Sports and Social Club
We are Global
Merit Medical Galway commenced with 22 employees in 1993. Since then Merit has enjoyed year on year revenue growth and developed its workforce to over 900 employees. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Merit maintains a diverse, multi-campus manufacturing footprint in Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia with a global distribution.
Medtech Company of the Year Winner
Merit Medical Galway are proud winners of the Medtech Company of the Year Award, a prestigious award recognizing those who are exceling in the MedTech industry.
At Merit Medical Galway almost 60% of all roles are filled by internal employees! We focus on encouraging, believing in and providing a platform for you to progress your career!
A supportive and collaborative environment make Merit Medical a friendly, enjoyable place to work. We are proud of our energetic and dynamic culture. Diversity & Inclusion is evident here with an 50/50 ratio of male and female employees as well as 30 nationalities onsite! We value every employee as an individual.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to join our Galway Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership within the EHS Team and support the implementation of the site EHS strategy. We are looking for a candidate who is ambitious and can share our vision to become an Industry Leader in EHS with proven abilities to enhance our culture of innovation, engagement, and continuous improvement.
- Team lead for the development and implementation of the ISO 45001 management system across all site Functions.
- Team lead for the Occupational Health programs to include but not limited to; case management, return to work, injury assessment, incident investigation, work accommodations, ergonomic assessment.
- Team lead for the Operational EHS programs to include but not limited to: Risk Assessment; Chemical Management (REACH, CLP), Machine Safety, ATEX and HAZOP.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure active compliance with EHS programs, standards and regulations.
- Develop, implement and maintain training programs for health, safety and the environment.
- Support the Emergency Response Team by developing training, updating the emergency response plan and identifying improvements.
- Support the implementation and development of ISO 14001 across all functions.
- Support the implementation of IPC license conditions to include but not limited to, emission monitoring, solvent management, site protection and water monitoring programs.
- Identify, report and trend EHS metrics through an internal Tier board reporting structure.
- Identify and address site EHS issues and concerns.
- Coordinate and conduct internal & external EHS auditing and inspection.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field.
- 6• years’ experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- Internal Auditor Training for ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 is highly desired.
- Proven ability to identify and manage change that helps build a strong EHS culture.
- Experience with regulatory bodies, HSA, EPA, Irish Water etc.
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Project management, LEAN or other organisational qualifications highly desired.
- First Aid and Manual Handling Instructor Certification is highly desired.
- Good training skills and the ability to train employees on various safety issues.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software.
Merit Medical is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.