An exciting new opening for a Senior Facilities Engineer has arisen with a leading multi-national medical device client in Galway.
In your new role as a Senior Facilities Engineer, you will provide leadership & expertise on facilities issues interfacing between consultants/ contractors and the company.
It’s a broad role with exposure to many key projects across the Galway site and an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and skillset with the Facilities Engineering group.
Key activities in your new role:
- Providing technical leadership on facilities projects from scope, design, and installation to commissioning and validating rooms/labs and utility equipment. Priorities project deliverables along with key milestones.
- Liaise with Client organisation and the facilities design team to ensure the design meets requirements.
- Perform design review, value engineering, and construction management as required.
- Prepare and take ownership of project budgets and forecasts and issue scheduled status reports.
- Build strong relationships within the Client organisation amongst Vendors, Contractors & Design.
- Undertake risk analysis on schedule delivery and priorities & provide solutions.
- Manage validation protocols for the handover of building/plant, including updating maintenance procedures and routines for main plant and utilities.
- Ensure that all drawings are current and provide a proper handover of these drawings at the end of the project, along with the technical files and commissioning reports.
- Support the Environmental Management System through responsibility for items of civil/mechanical construction/services/contracts; provision and distribution of utilities to achieve Carbon Neutral target by 2030.
- Provide coaching, support and motivation to team members reporting to you and support their development.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining ongoing communications with employees.
Education and Experience:
- Min. HETAC level 8 degree in a related qualification in Engineering.
- Other desirable qualifications may include Certified Facilities Management (CFM) and project management (PMP).
- Five years of experience in a similar position.
- Introduction of systems through effective organisational change management.
- Proven track record in continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- Experience working with outside vendors and subcontractors.
- Be familiar with FDA/ISO standards and how they should be applied to all facility items such as cleanrooms, air/nitrogen supply, product contact water etc. Support the ISO & 50001 systems.
- Good communicator and has strong stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.