Financial Controller-Excellent Salary and Benefits with strong progression opportunity
Exciting opportunity with very strong salary and benefits for an experienced Financial
Controller ideally from manufacturing or medical device background. This role
offers very strong future career growth and development.
The Financial Controller is responsible for financial management of a Large Business Unit and will lead, develop, and coach a team while providing full ownership for all financial
reporting, budgeting, planning and proactive financial control of the Business Unit. This is a high-profile role requiring strong and effective relationships within the Site Finance team, Business Unit Leadership Team and Global Finance Team.
• Lead, coach and develop your team of financial, cost accountant and analysts
• Partner closely with the Financial Controller and the Site Leadership team to set the site strategy and actions necessary to deliver result
• Financial Planning – Lead the planning processes ensuring accurate and timely integration of volumes forecast, costing and resourcing, ensuring site management input to
meet overall deadlines
• Ensure financial planning deliverables are accurate, clear and concise for Executive level review and approval
• Be a strategic partner to a Large Business Unit and provide clear and concise output deliverables that can be reviewed with Executive management
• Act as a lead for the Business Unit finance team during internal, external and/or other audit
• Financial statement accuracy – Ensure accurate monthly reporting associated with functional strategic projects
• Staff Development – build and coach your team to ensure an optimal level of support to the business and provide coaching and career development opportunities to
sustain a high performing staff
• Provide analyses for ad hoc or other business presentations that lend insight into key business drivers enabling operating management to adapt more appropriate
tactics/strategy to meet the long range plan objectives
• Ensure compliance with all internal policies, SOX and accounting policies.
• Individual is expected to successfully perform all responsibilities with a high degree of
self-motivation and autonomy
• Assist in the annual cost standards setting process, developing, and consolidating the annual
financial plan, and assist in the development of the plant’s long-range plan; develop year-to-year cost change analysis and present to site management.
• Drive a Continuous Improvement culture within the Finance Group and the site
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with MBA and/or ACA/ACCA/CPA/CMA preferred with
7-10 years relevant experience
• 2 + years people leadership experience recommended for success in this role
• Demonstrated problem solving and analysis within a broad framework of financial policies
(CFMs), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Preferred: Multi-division experience and knowledge of the financial planning process with
solid understanding of automated accounting systems such as TM1, desktop productivity and mainframe accounting applications.