Role: Senior Manager, Commercial Finance
Location: Ireland, Dublin
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
The successful candidate will be a leading member of ICON’s Global Commercial Finance team. The role of the Commercial Finance team at ICON is the pre & post award negotiation and management of commercial terms, at both partnership and transactional levels, that maximize downstream financial and operational performance and minimize the associated legal and contractual risks.
- Lead the Commercial Finance function for ICON’s Commercialisation & Outcomes (ICO) group including Real World Solutions (RWS Operations & Project Management), Medical Device & Diagnostic Research (MDDR) and Decentralized Clinical Trials (DCT)
- Work with our strategic alliance clients to construct and negotiate enterprise level commercial terms tailored to meet their individual needs
- Provide high quality, timely support to the Proposals team to ensure client proposals are commercially sound
- Collaborate with Finance Business Partnering colleagues to support achievement of annual budget for the respective divisions
- Support, and lead as appropriate, high profile and contentious negotiations that arise during service delivery
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Business Development team and senior leaders in various functional areas
- Liaise with Legal team, and directly with clients as required, on commercial terms in client agreements and multi-year service contracts
- Pro-active and front-loaded holistic analysis (including Legal, Operational, Commercial considerations) for specific deals
- Ensure integrity of the pricing tools so as to ensure precision and accuracy for both internal analysis and client deliverables
- Manage and develop 1 direct report
- Effective utilization of available financial and operational tools and data to aid better decision making
- Always looking for the next good idea and helping to foster an entrepreneurial culture in the team
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON’s values which center around our commitment to People, clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Travel (approximately 5%) domestic and/or international
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc) and/ or relevant years’ experience
- A minimum of 6+ years of commercial finance experience at management level, preferably in a services arena
- People management experience with a proven ability to influence the development and success of a team
- Negotiation experience (seller side)
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to inspire confidence
- Ability to interact with and influence a variety of personnel across the organization including Executive Management team
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and manage projects
- Demonstrate ability in being able to switch between micro and macro view
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office package, in particular Excel.
- Very strong focus on accuracy and quality of information provided; attention to detail
- Very strong focus on delivery of quality outputs in a timely manner to clients (internal and external)
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.