Role: Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
Location: Dublin, Ireland or Reading, UK
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
- Being the primary HRBP for the function(s) assigned, maintaining regular cadence of collaboration via regular 1-1s, leadership meetings and functional team meetings.
- Partnering with Business Leadership to drive change and deliver shared organizational objectives.
- Using Market Intelligence and industry knowledge develop and implement tailored ‘People Plans’ supporting business strategy goals around key areas such as Talent Development, Leadership, Performance & Reward, Retention, Organizational Design, Diversity & Inclusion, Workforce Planning, People Leader Capabilities
- Collaborating with HR Centers of Excellence to implement strategic people management programs and initiatives in alignment and support of company and organizational unit goals and objectives.
- Design and implement HR systems and processes that support strategic business aims.
- Providing coaching and consulting to organizational unit leadership team in order to support the company’s overall objectives and foster and promote the engagement of the company’s core values at all levels.
- Developing a strong foundation of training, development and succession planning to ensure key capabilities and leadership talent are maintained for organizational unit stability and employee growth opportunities.
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical or CRO environment is preferred, including significant experience in leading and managing large functional delivery
- Excellent leadership skills, developed with a collaborative approach to driving performance and success in the global environment
- Proven experience in strategic HR programme delivery, strategic planning, risk management and change management
- The ability to evaluate complex situations accurately, identify creative solutions and make decisions that create successful outcomes for stakeholders.
- Key Competencies prospected candidates would have:
- Relationship Management
- Customer Relationships and growing a business
- Change management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Influencing at a senior level and driving change through leadership
- Conflict Management
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture -one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career -both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.