At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb Ireland
Bristol Myers Squibb has been in operation in Ireland since 1964, employing over 650 people across a range of activities and business units
Located in Dublin, Cruiserath Biologics Campus, a one billion Multi-Product Cell Culture Biologics Manufacturing facility plays a central role in the Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) network as the company’s first European biologics manufacturing facility. This state of the art facility will produce multiple therapies for the company’s growing biologics portfolio. Global Biologics Laboratory (GBL) responsible for the release testing of Biologics Drug product for the network, is also based on the Cruiserath Biologics Campus.
BMS Cruiserath has been awarded “Biopharma Company of the Year 2019” in the Irish Pharma Industry Awards and is certified as a Great Place to Work since 2017, including as a Great Place to Work for Women in 2020 and 2021.
For more information about Bristol Myers Squibb, visit /ie
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a permanent Senior Manager, Warehouse Cryogenics and Logistics – reporting to the Director, Manufacturing. This role is a key contributor to and part of the BMS team who support biologics manufacturing capability and capacity at BMS Cruiserath.
The Senior Manager of WCL operations has responsibility for GMP Warehousing, Cryogenics, Logistics, Customs and Trade Compliance as well as Inventory Control in support of multiproduct Biologics operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promoting Safety, Leadership, Team Building, Performance Standards and BMS Behaviours
- Managing the team responsible for receiving, sampling, warehousing, cryogenics, BDS storage and shipment, logistics and related activities for the Cruiserath Biologics site and ensures continued conformance with all relevant regulations
- Develops strategies for materials management functions and collaborates with Extended leadership team to develop and implement the Manufacturing and the Supply Chain strategy
- Collaborates regularly with the site planning, procurement, quality and manufacturing groups to ensure materials are available and delivered to support production activities
- Approval of SOPs, Investigations, CAPA’s and change controls related to materials management activities
- Partner with Engineering to accomplish validation activities in materials management areas
- Identifying capital needs, assisting in budget setting and management process and follow-through to closure.
- Setting, monitoring, and controlling spend according to applicable cost center budgets
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Implementing and oversight of programs to maintain materials management areas and processes as ‘inspection-ready’ at all times.
- Act as Materials Management SME during regulatory audits as necessary
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- BSc. in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or science-related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Manufacturing or Supply Chain role with experience in Production, GMP Warehousing and logistics
- Trained on Powered Industrial trucks, Turret trucks, reach truck, motorized pallet trucks, HGV’s etc
- Excellent understanding of regulations for the handling and transportation of hazardous materials
- Good working knowledge of customs & trade regulations and practices as well as documentation requirements for both domestic and international transportation
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to communicate to multiple levels within company.
- Works well in a team environment
- Solid working knowledge of SAP and MES, including Planning and Manufacturing transactions.
- Experience/ knowledge in Biologics manufacturing is preferred.
What’s important to us
Employees are expected to display the BMS Values, which move us toward our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases:
- Passion: Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results.
- Innovation: We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients.
- Urgency: We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting.
- Accountability: We all own BMS’ success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments.
- Integrity: We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues.
- Inclusion: We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential.
We have a passion for tackling the toughest diseases, which inspires innovation and speed in our daily work and a sense of accountability to the patients we serve.
Why you should apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.