SENIOR NEUROPHYSIOLOGY & SLEEP PHYSIOLOGIST
Full time Permanent
We are now inviting applications for the above post from suitably qualified and experienced candidates. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a stimulating environment with great potential for career development. The ideal candidate should be innovative, flexible and capable of working on their own initiative and as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess the Certificate in Medical Physics & Physiological Measurement from Dublin Institute of Technology in Kevin Street, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in Neurophysiology and Sleep Laboratories.
- A Supervisory/Management course completed.
- Have worked in an acute, academic teaching hospital that has an interest in research desirable.
- Membership to the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS) is desirable.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent leadership and information technology skills.
The Neurophysiology and Sleep Physiologist will be responsible for the following:
- Perform routine, and sleep deprived EEG recordings and prepare a summary report for the consultant clinician.
- Perform bedside EEG studies in the ICU or outside the department (such as prolonged video EEG monitoring) understanding the special requirements of these areas.
- Perform Visual evoked Potential studies and Somatosensory evoked potential studies if required.
- Conduct and analyse overnight diagnostic sleep tests in the Paediatric Ward.
- Calibrate equipment daily and perform routine maintenance and cleaning on equipment as per laboratory protocols, under the direction of the senior staff.
- Report any malfunctioning or unsafe equipment to senior staff.
- Follow the directions of the senior staff at all times.
- Ensure clinical standards and standards of patient care are followed at all times.
- Ensure that accurate patient records and departmental statistics are recorded.
- ·Perform Nerve Conduction Studies in a highly skilled, patient-appropriate manner, recognises normal and abnormal results, and recognises and takes reasonable steps to eliminate physiological and non-physiological artefact. Prepares a summary report for the Consultant Clinician
Working hours require flexibility in order to cover children setup during the evenings due to the sleep element.
Informal enquiries to Aine Ryan on and email
Please apply with your CV via link below
BON SECOURS HOSPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER