If you are an experienced Practice Manager looking for your next career move, then keep reading!
Clark Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with our Kildare based client to recruit a Senior Practice Manager. This is a full time permanent position.
As a Senior Practice Manager you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of a busy GP Practice. You will oversee the day to day running of the business, with responsibility for effectiveness in the areas of people management, patient experience, financial performance and operational efficiences.
- Patient Journey & Experience
- Maintain a culture of patient and customer care and ensure an ongoing focus on improving the quality of the patient experience
- Deal with patient complaints and feedback and escalate where necessary
- Leadership and Development of the Team
- Directly manage, develop and motivate staff, with the aim of building an effective and engaged team
- Provide leadership to the team, through regular meetings, objective setting, and effective communication
- Identify and appoint new staff as required in line with policy
- Induct new staff, clinicians and locums into practice processes
- Take responsibility for ongoing personal development plans and staff appraisals where appropriate
- Manage admin roster, doctor and nurse sessions to ensure adequate cover and monitor/adjust in line with seasonal requirements/absences/annual leave
- Ensure compliance to proper conditions of employment, to include current employment legislation and recognised good practice
- Business & Operational Functions
- Responsible for general office management and provide reception cover if necessary
- Responsible for supplies, both medical and administrative
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and legal regulations.
- Maximise the use of IT systems (and developing procedures to ensure the effective running of the practice information systems)
- Implement company policies and procedures and introduce systems and workflows where relevant to support such policies
- Liaise with:
- HSE, PCRS & DEASP
- Health Insurance Providers
- Other State Services
- Hospitals and secondary care providers
- Local practices
- Nursing Homes
- Manage day to day financial function of the practice, ensuring that daily sales and takings are reconciled, carry out bank lodgements in line with policy, manage petty cash, etc.
- In conjunction with finance and the operations team, participate in discussions regarding bank reconciliation, cash flow forecasts, and income/expenditure plans
- Manage GMS patients/nursing homes to ensure all GMS/STC payments are paid
- Providing ad hoc reports or practice information to the management team or practice accountants as required
- Previous management experience in a medical/dental practice or other relevant management experience is desired
- Senior administrator experience essential.
- Have strong people management skills, having led and managed a team and have a HR Qualification
- Have strong business development acumen and have worked in roles managing people and budgets
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, GP Appointment Software, e-mail systems, and web-based programs
- The ability to remain calm, professional and polite in dealing with patients and colleagues
- Be professional in your approach to your work; honest, reliable, trustworthy and respectful
- Build and maintain good relationships with colleagues
- Aim to communicate well with people at all levels
- Welcome and embrace change, with a positive attitude
- Be motivated to learn and develop
- Support, encourage and motivate others
- Coach, guide and give constructive feedback to others
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Niamh on or send your CV to