Senior Production Planner
We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain professionals regarding this exciting Senior Production Planner opportunity with a leading medical device client. Our client is a global leader in the medical device industry and are looking to a Senior Production Planner to their team on a permanent basis. This is a hybrid role and will be based in Galway. This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways, and extensive benefits packages.
Apply yo us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Galway and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you. Based in Galway this role is commutable from Clare and Mayo.
* Specialist in production planning, with excellent knowledge of customer/market requirements and manufacturing plant capacity.
* Leading and developing a team of planners including Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance.
* Through the SI&OP process, work with Global Supply Chain to validate the customer requirements signal. * Partner with production to develop a Production plan that meets customer service requirements while maintaining minimum inventory and optimal manufacturing cost.
* Collaborate with all process owners in the supply chain (end to end) to ensure that customer service requirements are met.
* Negotiate & present plans with all levels of management in the plant and with external demand planning and marketing contacts. A strong communicator, focussing on key messages and targeting key stakeholders.
* Analysis & maintenance of all production planning related reports, files & documents, including Plant & Product Performance.
* Analysis, reporting & committed response to all backorders/ line fill misses.
* Takes a structured and system-based approach to the role leading the planning team by example in this regard. Continuously reduce the reliance on tacit knowledge by adopting a systemic, data-based and sustainable approach.
* Work with New Product Introduction teams to deliver production plans according to project goals/ schedules.
* Prepare requirements for inter-company materials, liaise with Sister site on sub-component requirements through inter-site SI&OP process.
* Ensure effective inventory management & control in line with company targets.
* Champion continuous process improvement within the planning function. Keep up to date on the latest planning tools and techniques.
* Maintenance & compliance with departmental policies & procedures.
* Support the Management & Leadership team in preparing ad hoc summary analysis reports & presentations.
* Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance with all quality requirements.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum of a Level 8 (240 ECTs) degree in Materials or Business Management (or related discipline).
* Minimum five years demonstrated successful experience in a planning environment at a Supervisory level.
* Experience with ERP systems is required; SAP & Kinaxis Rapid Response is preferable.
* Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, proficient in MS PowerPoint
* APICS certification preferred.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving & communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to pro-actively respond to changing business conditions and real-time customer delivery issues.
* Ability to work well under pressure and multitask.
For more information on this role in Galway please contact Peter Muldoon on
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.