We are looking for a senior R&D engineer with experience in medical device research and/or development roles to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who can work independently, thrives under pressure and is committed to an exceptional level of delivery standards.
You will join a newly established Life Sciences Practice in Expleo Ireland, working on key projects and helping to grow the team.
- Development of Products, including product and material specifications, material sourcing, equipment and tooling specifications and sourcing, process development and testing.
- Consistently demonstrates use of Engineering Principles and Application Skills.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment.
- Designs and coordinates complex engineering tests and experiments.
- Applies detailed knowledge of vaguely defined customer needs to their work product.
- Compliant utilisation of design control process for Design and Development of Medical Device products.
- Ability to support R&D deliverables and contribute to proper records organisation for DHF, DMR, and functional deliverables.
- Seeks most efficient application of regulations to their project (e.g., sample sizes/ stacking/ technical rationale).
- Third level qualification in Engineering or Science. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) in a Science / Technology / Engineering related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, of which preferably 2 years in a Medical Devices environment with knowledge of medical device products and associated manufacturing processes.
- Excellent client-facing skills
- People management skills – introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other, encouraging mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions
- Team work and emotional intelligence
- Good self-management – continuous performance is both an objective and a mind-set
- Has an innovative approach – a bold thinker and doer, matching creativity with vigilance
- High value on openness and transparency
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills,and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of medical device products and associated manufacturing processes
- Experience in design and process development with preferred knowledge and skills in component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, anatomy, design control documentation, and application of ISO/FDA standards for medical devices.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy – enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.