I am keen to speak with Senior Material Scientist Experts with a detailed knowledge of Polymer Materials including Surface Modifications and Coating Technologies.
A well-established Medical Device Manufacture this role will see you acting as one of the main points of contact for Material Science questions within their R&D Teams.
As well as offering a competitive package this company offers real career progression options along with an excellent work culture.
You must have at least 5-8 Years’ experience already working in-industry – APPLY TODAY
Senior R&D Scientist / R&D Engineer / Material Scientist / New Product Development / Polymers / Polymer Coating Expert / Research & Development / R&D / Medical Device / Mayo / Ireland
Independent Search Solutions Agency are happy to offer a Relocation Package for Candidates who need to move to the area (County Mayo, Ireland)
Job Title: Senior Research and Development Scientist
Location: Co. Mayo
- Full Time / Permanent
- €80k – €90k+ Basic (Dependent on Experience & Open to Negotiation)
- Annual Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave
- Relocation Package (€)
Using your extensive material science background, you will look to harness your expertise and skills in the identification of new product ideas. This will require you to have a deep understanding of polymers and polymer coating chemistry. You will be capable of working with senior management within the organization and to work with and support the Marketing organization on New Product Trends.
- Identifying material development opportunities and leading technology development projects. Technology development projects involve translation of customer needs into technology requirements that are then matched with viable solutions
- Researching new technologies and developing them into solutions that drive new product platforms
- Subject matter expert in polymers and polymer coatings from both a product design and process perspective
- Providing technical support to New Product Development, Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
Project Management Duties:
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis, and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities
- Managing of timelines, budget, and performance expectations for assigned technology development projects
- Preparing financial reports and/or justifications for financial authorization and effectively communicate same
- Reviewing vendors product offerings to access suitability
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent application
Company: An established Multinational with Manufacturing and R&D facilities on-site in Ireland. Manufacturing a range of disposable Medical Device Products used across the Healthcare Sector.
- Minimum of Degree (Hon) in Chemistry or Materials/Polymer Science. A Masters or PhD in Chemistry or Material/Polymer Science is a distinct advantage
- 5-8 Years commercial experience in a R&D role, Preferably Material Science, Preferably Medical Device Industry
- Good knowledge of Polymer Materials including surface modifications and Coating Technologies
- Experience of Design Controls / New Product Commercialization Projects
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, follow the links below and send me your CV.
Key Words: Senior R&D Scientist / R&D Engineer / Material Scientist / New Product Development / Polymers / Polymer Coating Expert / Research & Development / R&D / Medical Device / Mayo / Ireland
Independent Search Solutions (ISS Ltd) is as the name suggests an Independent Recruitment Agency that aims to treat all its applicants with the up-most respect and in a professional manner. With a Company code of practice in place, you can be assured that your details will not be shown to any of ISS Ltd’s clients without your consent.