Senior Software Engineer – Project Manager: North Dublin.
Our client seeks a Senior Software Engineer with project management experience to work within the team. The role involves working on a wide range of projects related to medical instrument software, databases, data analytics and manufacturing data analysis solutions. You will be part of the Engineering team working on complex medical device instruments.
The role requires a very experienced software developer who can manage projects and solve problems, enhance designs, guide and mentor engineers, is a team player and is multi-disciplined. The successful candidate will work on multiple software projects which can be related to instrument software, scripting, database queries, data analytics and final test software which takes instrument data and reports statistical information.
The skillset we are looking for is:
• Excellent programming skills primarily in C, C#, C++.
• Must be able to manage complex projects.
• Excellent database skills in developing queries and database setup (SQL)
• Other software skills that would be an advantage are XAML, XAMARIN, Design patterns (MVVM), Scripting languages (Python, Lua, MS batch files), knowledge of assembly language, knowledge of source repositories.
• Must have leadership skills with the ability to drive projects, guide a team of engineers, be a mentor and coach.
• Requirements engineering experience with the ability to translate customer needs and Design Input Requirements into detailed architecture and design specifications.
• Excellent computer hardware knowledge including microcontrollers.
• Experience with design and implementation of real time systems, CAN Open or another CAN protocol.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, preferably SCRUM.
• Software skills to be able to integrate into a higher-level systems software and user interface.
• Knowledge of statistics, data analytics & machine learning would be an advantage.
• Ability to integrate software with different technologies
• Excellent communications skills – written and verbal, are required.
• Ability to work across multiple functions such as engineering, procurement, customer service etc. to develop requirements.
• Can mentor and guide other engineers.
• Leads the successful completion of software projects from product inception to product launch in a technical leadership role.
Requirements for this role:
• Bachelor’s degree QQI level 8 in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic, Engineering) with at least 8 years’ software engineering experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
• Very strong software skillset to have the ability to understand what is needed and design & develop software solutions.
• Proven experience in the design and development of complex, high-quality, flexible software.
• Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical troubleshooting