Senior Solutions Architect (Networks) – Permanent
Location: Dublin, IE
Company: Canada Life Group Services
The Canada Life Group (UK) Limited (‘CLG’) is the top level European holding company for the Great-West’s Lifeco Group’s European insurance, reinsurance and asset management companies, with business operations in the UK, Ireland, Germany and the Isle of Man. CLG’s corporate objectives include providing management oversight of European Group business strategies and the risks that such strategies entail. CLG is part of the Europe & Reinsurance Division of Great West Lifeco which also includes the Group’s reinsurance operations in Canada, USA and Barbados
The Senior Solutions Architect is responsible for leading the architecture and design of infrastructure Projects, and to participate and advise during the implementation of these projects to ensure successful deployment to the production environment. The successful candidate will be expected to work within approved methodologies and standards in delivering solution architecture that is compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
The Senior Solutions Architect is also responsible for contributing to the advancement of infrastructure technologies and capabilities at Irish Life and Canada Life and for ensuring the continuous improvement of Information Systems methods, tools, techniques, and the delivery of service to the business.
This role works as part of the Central Technology Services Architecture team as a Senior Solutions Architect on business and European Technology projects, both waterfall and agile. This role is responsible for providing architectural direction to application, Infrastructure and DevOps projects. Working as part of the broader architecture team the successful candidate will ensure all designs produced are in line with approved strategies, roadmaps and industry best practice and that all appropriate policies and standards are applied to the design. Designs should be robust, resilient and secure.
This role reports into the European Domain Architect – Networks & Telecoms. The successful candidate will be expected to work on projects across the UK, Germany, Ireland and Canada. This will require travel to some of these locations from time to time as required by the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consult with internal clients and account managers to ensure the architecture meets the business requirements
• Take a leadership role and responsibility for the architecture and design of Information Technology Solutions
• Design solutions that meet the stated functional and non-functional requirements, as well as the outcomes as agreed within the project charter.
• Provides robust and cost effective designs
• Adhere to company standards (Security & data protection), strategies and methodologies to ensure compliance with Domain and Enterprise architectural requirements, and the quality and consistency of the design and its implementation
• Develop appropriate architectural and design documentation and communicate to the appropriate business and project teams as required
• Lead the delivery of engagement responses within the lines of business.
• Contributes to project planning to define activities, resources, timelines and cost estimates
• Takes leadership role and responsibilities for the architecture and design of IT solutions and acts as a focal point to resolve technical design issues throughout the project life cycle.
• Be a contributor to the development of the CTS Architecture practice in Europe through forums and communities of practice
• Contributes to the strategic direction of CTS’s technical architecture
• Maintain new technology awareness and provide leadership and direction.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Significant experience in a technical role working as a Technical Solutions Specialist for infrastructure.
• 8+ Years working in IS, with a strong Infrastructure Project delivery record
• A proven track record in working effectively as part of a team within formal project management methodologies and processes
• Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels to drive a better design solution
• Design experience and have participated as the technical lead in the delivery of infrastructure solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations
• Possess a CCNP or other industry standard network certification, or is in the process of obtaining one
• Leadership qualities, and be capable of sound and timely decision making, influencing individuals, and organising and leading teams as required.
• Good communicator, both verbal and written, and ideally have experience of producing design documentation, and leading technical discussions with project teams. The core language is English.
• Broad technical knowledge of a range of Application and Infrastructure disciplines across Storage/Compute/security suites and Networking technologies. working knowledge of a number of key platforms and technologies, including but not limited to
o VMWare NSX
o Cisco Datacentre, Campus LAN, WAN and Wireless infrastructure
o Network security stacks (Micro segmentation, Firewalling, IPS, Encryption technologies)
o Container networking
o Azure IaaS
o Load Balancing technologies
o SDWAN architectures
o Hybrid cloud environment
- Communication and Influencing
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Drive for Results
- Innovation and Change
The company reserves the right to draw up a shortlist as part of the selection process. Where Agency assistance is required the Canada Life Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Canada Life by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Canada Life Group Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We have created an environment of inclusion and growth to help people achieve their potential, to ensure they can bring their whole selves to work and to feel valued. We celebrate diversity of thought and perspective and want all of our employees to feel valued, respected and supported. We have built a culture that promotes equality and inclusion for all of our current and future employees and strive to ensure that our behaviours, processes and practices are aligned to this culture.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process please contact and we will be delighted to ensure you are fully supported to be your best.
CLGS supports Equal Opportunity and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Senior Solutions Architect (Networks) – Permanent