Excel Healthcare now has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced & talented Senior Support Worker in Wexford. You will support individuals in a residential setting with all activities of daily living & enable them to live independently. Our client offers progressive, one-to-one solutions geared toward empowerment focusing not on what they can’t do but on what they can achieve.
Responsibilities as a Senior Support Worker:
- Empower Service Users to live independent lives within their residential homes & community.
- To ensure personal & intimate care is provided & ensure privacy & dignity are always respected.
- Provide the necessary physical assistance with Patient Manual & Handling training.
- Administer medication in line with the medication process.
- Transport service users to facilitate access to all daily living activities.
- Participate in household duties & support the development & delivery of individual support files.
- Responsible to record & reporting on daily documentation.
- Immediately report all safeguarding allegations or concerns in line with policy & legislation.
- Maintain professional communication & relationships with the team, service user’s family & customers.
- To be aware of safe working conditions & implement safe work practices & immediately report potential hazards, incidents & concerns.
- Positively & actively engage in team meetings, supervisions, training & team events.
- Assigned as Key Worker to take the lead as Service User advocate.
Requirements as a Support Worker:
- QQI relevant qualification
- Over the age of 18
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent command of spoken & written English
- Knowledge of HIQA standards
- Work or student experience in social care or relevant sector
Benefits as a Senior Support Worker:
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Training Days
- Invaluable experience in their field
- Opportunity for additional training
- Competitive pay rates that are regularly reviewed
- Holiday pay and higher rates for weekends and bank holidays
Should you wish to have a chat about current opportunities, please upload your current CV to the link provided or call Kate on for more information on this position. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.