Graduate Service Technician
CREGG Recruitment: currently hiring Service Technicians to work onsite with a leading government agency in Mountmellick Co. Laois. If you have a strong technical aptitude and come from an engineering background. The successful candidate will be responsible for repair of electronic beds, lifts etc in care homes based around Laois. Full training provided.
About the job:
Purpose: The successful candidates will be responsible for maintenance of electronic and mechanical equipment in care homes around Laois area.
Role: 37 hour week and car is provided
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits provided
Industry Sector: Our client is a government body responsible for hospitals and healthcare centres across Ireland
- Assist in development and maintaining the CHOs Medical Device Equipment Management Policy in conjunction with the Chief Clinical Engineering Technician
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the systems required to effectively and safely manage medical devices/equipment
- Carry out an on-going programme of monitoring to provide assurance in relation to the effectiveness of the systems in place for the safe management of medical devices/equipment
- To be aware and advise on the compliance requirements of relevant legislation
- To provide guidance to managers and employees with regard to the implementation of best practice guidance
- Provide assurance to Chief Clinical Engineering Technician in relation to the Management of medical device equipment
- Assist in acquiring equipment; managing SLAs, technical support, maintenance and repair systems, and timescales
- To ensure optimum management of equipment selection, utilisation and associated technical support in conjunction with other disciplines
- Carry out other administrative duties from time to time as may be required
- Ensure that all safety requirements, statutory and recommended are met to provide the safest environment for clients, staff and others associated with the operation, control and application of medical device equipment
- Ensure that a stock of necessary spare parts for the support medical device equipment is developed and maintained
- Agree and manage planned preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment including Patient Mobile hoists and Ceiling track hoist systems.
- Engineering background highly desirable
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.