The Social Care Leader will be responsible for the day-to-day line management and support to Deputy Manager and Manager and supervision of the Social Care team. The post holder will play a key role in Supervising, Mentoring and supporting social care staff in order to ensure that the highest level and standards of Social Care practice are further developed and maintained in the service. As lead social care practitioner, the post-holder will, by example, set the highest standards of social care practice, leading and supporting all social care staff in the service.
● The post-holder will report to and be supervised by the Deputy Manager/ Manager
● To ensure a consistently high standard of care for the residents and that the rights of the residents are protected and promoted.
● To ensure staff-handovers are conducted to the highest standards, are effective, and in-line with Terraglen policies and procedures.
● To co-chair regular team meetings with all care staff to ensure effective communication sharing, discussion and review of practice, and young people’s welfare and outcomes.
● To record supervision meetings with some social care staff.
● To provide the Manager with the data and information required for meetings, and to attend meetings and present reports as required.
● To direct, develop, support and supervise care staff in their daily duties.
● To set objectives and manage the performance of some social care staff.
● To report any Health and Safety concerns or issues to the Manager
● To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times, in accordance with best practice, with regard to both Staff supervision files and young people files.
● Monitoring and management of staff rosters to ensure there is an appropriate mix of qualified & experienced staff on shift. ● To deputise for the deputy manager as required, i.e., during annual leave, sick leave, or other necessary times as requested.
● To undertake any other reasonable tasks as may be assigned to you from time to time. ● To share the responsibility of on-call within the centre.
PERSON SPECIFICATION ● Social Care Leaders must have a social care qualification or a qualification in a related and relevant field (as listed below) and 3 years’ experience of working at social care grade with children. – Degree in Psychology, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Social Sciences, Teaching or Nursing. ● Full Driving License is essential