We are now looking for a caring, empathetic and reliable Social Care Practitioner in Ennis Nursing Home.
Candidates MUST have QQI Level 7 (Degree) or above Qualification in Social Care Work/Social Studies and previous elderly care experience is an advantage.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes;
- Guaranteed hours contracts
- Paid breaks
- Sunday Premium rates/Double time on Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance/Death In Service Cover which covers two times your annual salary
- Employee Referral Cash Incentive Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free Uniforms
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Paid training
- Recognition Programme
- Fulfilling Employment
Purpose of the Role
To promote and maintain the highest quality of social support and care to the residents of the long-term care facility.
What does this role entail?
- To work with the clinical team to deliver assessment based, personalised care to each resident and to provide support to their representatives.
- To assist the resident and their representatives to develop a care plan which reflects both the assessed needs of the resident and their personal wishes.
- To advocate for and protect the rights of the resident.
- To supervise and delegate to care staff in the delivery of social and clinical care to residents.
- To document (electronically) and communicate all social care interventions in line with policy and regulation.
- Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and ensure that resident centred care is developed and delivered at all times
- Maintain professional standards in line with the regulations set out in the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005.
- Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all residents, relatives and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate records at all levels within the home.
- Participates in HIQA inspection processes.
- Ensure all admissions and discharges to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation is completed.
- Liaise with the multidisciplinary team to ensure balanced and approved care.
- Supervise staff and delegate duties as necessary
What are the qualifications/skills needed?
- QQI Level 7 (Degree) or above Qualification in Social Care Work/ Social Studies
- Have a good knowledge of the Health Act 2007 in relation to residents in a long-term care facility.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the HIQA standards in relation to the care of older adults in a long-term care facility.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Home Manager.