Applications are invited for the following posts:
Social Care Workers – Day Services – Monday – Friday – 35hrs per week – Permanent Contract
Who We Are
St. Michael’s House provides a comprehensive range of services and supports to men, women, and children with intellectual disabilities and their families in 170 locations in the greater Dublin Area. It supports 1,953 people and this has an impact on thousands of family members. St. Michael’s House is a company funded by the Health Service Executive (HSE), TUSLA and the Department of Education and Skills. (Figures from 1st May 2021) St. Michael’s House supports include; Residential Supports and Independent Living, Clinical Supports, Day Supports, Schools, Respite Supports and Vocational Training Services.
St. Michael’s House is currently recruiting Social Care Workers to support our Day Services – Belcamp, Dublin 17
Belcamp is a large day service based in Coolock providing supports and activities to adults with complex needs arising from a combination of intellectual, physical and/or sensory disabilities. Belcamp is a person centred service guided and supported by the standards of New Directions and through individual Cosan programmes. Belcamp aims to meet the needs of each individual service user promoting independence and quality of life. The day service team is comprised of different skill mix including Nurses, Social care workers and HCA’s and is supported by the MDT.
What We Offer:
• HSE Pay Scale (incremental*)
• Premium Payments
• Sick Pay Scheme
• Paid Maternity Leave
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Generous Annual Leave
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Comprehensive Induction
• Flexible Work Patterns**
• Multiple Work Locations
• Training / CPD
• Career Progression
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
• Experience working and supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities
• Experience working in Social Care ideally in ID services
• A full clean drivers licence and your own transport (role involves driving)
• Experience working with families, clinicians and building links in the community
• Experience implementing positive support programmes
• Experience in a key working role, focusing on promoting independence and community integration
Essential Qualifications Required:
• QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies (Disability) – Open Training College
• Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland;
• A qualification received outside the State recognised by NARIC as equivalent to the Irish Level 7 award
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid in line with October 2021 HSE revised consolidated Social Care Worker pay scale point 1; €33,630 – point 14; €48,465 per annum based on working a hour week. Should you have no prior public sector experience you will be placed on point 1 of the pay-scale above.
To apply: Upload your CV and cover letter
Closing date: 17th July 2022
Please note that interviews will take place on the 21st July 2022
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Please note that a twelve month panel will be formed from this competition from which future vacancies may be filled.
To learn more about St. Michael’s House working environment and the culture of the organisation please visit
St. Michael’s House is an equal opportunities employer.