Social Care Worker Independent Living
Applications are invited for the above full time permanent position
Stewarts is a voluntary organisation providing comprehensive community based services to people with an intellectual disability. We support people with a wide range of support needs across residential settings, day services, supported independent living, job advocacy and vocational training.
Purpose of the Post:
The social care worker will support persons moving to or living in independent accommodation to live a life of their choosing using a model of support which builds capacity and promotes independence. In addition the social care worker will ensure continuity of support when tenant moves to their own homes and ensure it is person centred and quality driven.
To be considered for this post applicants must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Candidates with Social Care Degree – level 7 or in progress of same
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and non-verbal.
- Full driving license and access to car.
- Minimum two years’ experience supporting people with an intellectual disability.
- Experience in transition work and or independent living would be beneficial.
- The aptitude to provide a person centred approach to programmes.
- The ability to develop implement and monitor such individual programmes.
- The flexibility to work in all areas of independent living programme.
- Knowledge of HIQA & New Directions Guidelines and Interim Standards.
Salary and qualifications are in accordance with HSE consolidated pay scales €33,630 – €48,465 Inc. LSI per annum.
For further information on our organisation please visit our website:
Applications should include CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria
Closing Date for applications: 29th July 2022
Stewarts Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer