SOCIAL CARE WORKER
Specific Purpose Contract – Maternity Cover
Fixed term 12 month contract
(72 Hours Per Fortnight)
Informal enquiries to: Louise Kelly
We are recruiting a Social Care Worker to work as part of a dynamic team supporting adults in a community setting. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to support individuals with independent living skills, community inclusion and the promotion of their personal health and wellbeing. You will be given the opportunities and resources to encourage and motivate individuals in pursuing their personal interests and life goals. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Social Care Worker to support, encourage and motivate individuals to lead a fulfilling life which includes connecting with their local community. The roster will include days, weekends, and sleepovers.
- Relevant recognised Diploma in Social Care / Applied Social Studies in Social Care (Level 7 on National Framework of Qualifications);
- Full current driving licence;
- Experience of supporting adults with intellectual disabilities and/or autism
- Experience of supporting individuals with a broad range of support needs including behaviours of concern
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in and commitment to supporting individuals to connect with their local community.
- A proven ability and motivation to explore, discover, develop and implement a vision with each individual that is aligned to individual will and preference
- Knowledgeable of HIQA Regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, logistical, report writing and IT skills
- Suitability as outlined in the introduction to the role
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: Monday 11th July 2022
Please note that the successful candidates will be required to be available for any of day, weekend, sleep-over / over-night’ shifts. In addition, we require staff members to be willing to work alone in the residents’ homes.
To apply and for further details please go to our web page at
Current Vacancies Muiriosa Foundation [Links Not Allowed]
(Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic interviews may be carried out using the Microsoft Teams App)
N.B. When applying for positions on Rezoomo it is recommended to use a PC, Laptop or Tablet as some mobile phones are not compatible with this software.