We have exciting new Opportunities for the following roles:
Social Care Workers
Permanent Full-time (39 hrs/week)
Relief (Various hours, flexible shifts available)
A dynamic and energetic team player with a passion for working with children/young people with intellectual disabilities. You are kind, caring, and compassionate. You have excellent team working skills, and thrive in a collaborative environment. You have the ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities. You are familiar with best practices in Social Care and apply these consistently in your work.
St. Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation and registered charity funded by the HSE that provides care to individuals with intellectual and other disabilities. We provide Residential Living for children and adults, Respite and Alternative Short Break Options for children, Day Service for adults, Nursing, Positive Behaviour Support, and access to clinical supports through referral to Progressing Disability Services, and other related supports.
- Provide a high quality of life and supportive atmosphere for individuals in our care.
- Promote involvement and participation in all activities.
- Implement programmes designed to assist in learning new skills.
- Assist individuals to carry out tasks & activities and offer support as necessary.
- Develop close contacts locally and encourage community integration.
- Administer medication and address basic health care and personal needs.
- Ensure written records are completed and up to date.
- Reports to: Children’s Services Manager
- Social Care Worker – Graduate or studying towards QQI Level 7 BA in Applied Social Studies, Social Care or equivalent.
- Care Assistant – QQI Level 5 in Social Care, Social Studies of equivalent.
- An interest in working with individuals that have Intellectual Disabilities and Autism
- Person-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility and reliability for shift work (e.g. sleepovers / night duty, weekends, holidays, etc.)
- Knowledge of HIQA regulations for persons with disabilities in residential and respite services.
- Full driving license and willing to drive company vehicles.
- Experience supporting individuals with behaviours that challenge.
We love to see our team members grow and develop in their careers. That’s why we support our social care staff to attend professional training as required to maintain a high level of service.
Salary: As per HSE consolidated pay scales
Please send your CV to
or call Debbie Carr on for details.
Closing Date: 5pm Friday August 5th 2022