The Employer is a global leader in the development and production of medical devices
The responsibilities of Software Development Engineer will include: –
- Designing and developing some aspects of the software roadmap.
- Assisting the project team in distilling requirements into clear, actionable work packages.
- Ensuring project artefacts e.g. documentation are delivered at each release point.
- Operating in the project team in a co-operative, respectful manner.
- Maintaining a positive and motivating outlook.
- Operate in an agile environment, delivering tasks on a sprint-by-sprint basis.
- Assisting in the planning, scheduling and delivery of software releases.
- Ensuring that all work and tasks carried out are consistent and compliant with our Quality Management System.
The ideal candidate
The Software Development Engineer will: –
- Have a 3rd level degree, or equivalent, in a Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Have a strong team ethic.
- Have a minimum of 4 years relevant software engineering experience, preferably having 3 years C# experience.
- Be experienced, fully competent in their own area.
- Complete their own role independently or with minimal supervision.
- Have the ability to perform the duties specified effectively and efficiently.
- Have the ability to complete all aspects of a given task timely, and to a high standard.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with those he/she works with both in and ex-house.
- Have the ability to work with others in a spirit of good will and cooperation.
- Have a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- The following skills would be advantageous:
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and DevOps.
- Experience with SQL Server and SQL Server Express.
- Experience with WPF.