Osborne IT Division is currently recruiting for a Software Engineering Manager to work for a company based in Dublin. This role is a fulltime permanent role.
This is a hybrid role based out of their Dublin office.
What you will be doing:
- Build, lead, and hire a team of software engineers to solve company goals while remaining hands-on.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Establish a sense of urgency and direction, set expectations with the team and individuals.
- Work closely with product management, UI design, analysts, architects, engineering leads, and business stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, lead key technical and design discussions, and prioritize delivery efforts.
- Collaborate with business teams and provide early input to new product ideas and functionality Iterate quickly in an agile process.
- Advise business leaders by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to understand business challenges, structure complex problems, develop solutions.
- Provide early input to the design team to streamline designs for implementation, participate in design reviews for new features, products, and systems
What you will need:
- Must have at least 2+ years of hands-on engineering management experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Coding experience in server-side programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java, Ruby) as well as database languages (SQL)
- Experience working with server-side MVC frameworks (e.g. Django, .NET, Spring, Rails, Phoenix)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience integrating with APIs that use REST, gRPC, SOAP and other technologies
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What you will get:
- Salary circa €140,000
- Employer pension match plans
- 100% Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents.
- Hybrid work from home/office.
- 27 holidays including two 1-week company shutdowns to rest and recharge (summer and winter)
- Flexible policy for Annual leave and work arrangement
- €2,000 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growth
- Commuter and bike to work benefits
- Fun team events outside of work hours – happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!
For more information please apply through the link provided for the attention of Philip Burchell.
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered other suitable roles that we may have available for your skill set – please attach your CV via the link provided
Please submit your updated CV in Word Format
If you are living in Ireland and hold a valid work permit, we would love to hear from you, if however, you do not hold a valid work permit unfortunately we will not be in a position to assist you with your job search.
Osborne are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit for more information on all of our roles.