Are you an enthusiastic Speech and Language Therapist looking for a new challenge and career development?
Lincoln Healthcare are recruiting a Dysphagia trained Speech and Language Therapist on behalf of an adult disability community team based in Kilkenny.
As a Senior Speech and Language Therapist you will help some of the most vulnerable people build a brighter future and get to enjoy the satisfaction that brings.
This well-established MDT team is made up with Psychologists, Dieticians, Occupational Therapist’s and Speech and Language Therapists. This team has been described as supportive, friendly and dynamic.
Role involves providing high quality training and education, within a multi-agency approach, to ensure our partners in care homes, peoples home settings and community based locations are best able to support communication and swallowing difficulties and their impact on the individual.
Role This is a specified purpose contract, a fulltime position Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
You will have experience in working with a range of adults and will have developing expertise in a specialist area of SLT.
Main duties of the job
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to support the highly specialist speech and language therapy service to adults who present with a range of complex swallowing and communication difficulties.
- To provide highly specialist assessment, diagnosis and intervention to inpatients and outpatients.
- The successful candidate will have the knowledge, skills and experience working with both dysphagia and communication patients, in preferably an outpatient/community, inpatient, clinical setting.
- Deliver a clinical service for a complex client group, using a range of skills and knowledge in assessment and intervention methods within a coherent framework
- Coordinate the delivery of teaching/training to staff at the site
- Lead in the planning, development and evaluation of the Speech and Language Therapy service
- Receive expert clinical supervision and peer support
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A Diploma/Degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- A registered Speech and Language Therapist with CORU
- Post-graduate qualification in dysphagia (desirable)
- An understanding of SLT process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience in managing a caseload involving assessment and treatment of dysphagia
- Experienced in the field of adult mental health and/or ASD/ learning disability
We would welcome applications from suitably experienced staff grade therapists looking to progress their career in a supportive environment.
Charlene is a strategic, highly enthusiastic leader with a wealth of experience supplying Allied Health and Social Care professionals across acute hospitals, community, primary care facilities, mental health services, disability services, social care organisations within the Public and Private sector across Ireland.
To discuss this role in detail please contact Charlene Cooke