Job Title: Staff Nurse – All Clinical Areas (excluding Mental Health/Psychiatry)
Closing Date: Sunday, 10th July 2022
Purpose of the Role
To work as part of the multidisciplinary team to deliver a high standard of care to patients within St. James’s Hospital. The post holder is responsible for managing the care of patients and the needs of their families, ensuring that high quality is maintained. She/he is required to develop additional clinical skills specific to the area of appointment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
A Staff Nurse is a registered nurse who is involved in direct patient care with the responsibility of providing the highest standard of evidence based nursing care in partnership with other health care professionals.
- Their role is to promote health, prevent disease, and help patients cope with illness.
- Responsibilities include assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating highly specialised nursing care, using a holistic approach.
- When providing direct patient care, they observe, assess, and record symptoms, responses, and progress.
- They also supervise and assess student nurses and other junior staff in the clinical area.
- The Registered Nurse must adhere to Code of Professional Practice and Behaviours.
- Participate and cooperate with legislative and regulatory requirements in relation to Health and Safety as outlined in the Safety, Health and Welfare Act 2005 and the Hospital Safety Statement.
- Be Registered in the General Division of the Register of Nurses & Midwives maintained by the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Have received a decision letter from the NMBI to undertake a period of Adaptation and assessment in Ireland.
- Minimum of six months experience (post graduate or undergraduate) in medical/surgical nursing in an acute hospital setting within the past 5 years.
Note: Post holders must maintain annual registration with NMBI.
- Basic I.T. Skills.
- Basic Life Support