About the Hermitage Medical Clinic
The Hermitage Medical Clinic is a 112 bed private hospital in Lucan, West Dublin. Our specialised medical teams provide medical, surgical and advanced radiotherapy care to patients and are supported by the very latest medical technology. The Hermitage Medical Clinic is committed to providing excellence in patient care using state-of-the-art facilities. The Clinic offers an outstanding level of expertise and cutting edge technology. We have the most advanced diagnostic imaging equipment available today, full Cardiological facilities including a Cardiac Catheterisation Suite and Clinical Laboratory services.
About the Role
This position is responsible for the provision of quality service in line with standards of Cath Lab nursing practice. As a key member of the frontline team, the Staff Nurse in the Cath Lab will demonstrate strong clinical skills and facilitate effective communication with colleagues in the hospital. The position requires a collaborative and supportive approach to the development of services and structures, embracing continuous quality improvement and the implementation of changes necessary to achieve organisational objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work as a member of the nursing team on day duty and perform duties as allocated by the Clinical Nurse Manager 2.
- Deliver skilled practical care to Cardiology patients and participate in the monitoring of the planning, delivery and evaluation of individualised patient care, ensuring a patient centred focus.
- Willingness to work as a recovery, circulating and scrub nurse within the Cath Lab department.
- Be aware of the multifaceted needs of cardiology patients and provide a holistic support service for them and their families.
- Provide accurate and relevant patient education when appropriate, both pre and post procedure.
- All Cath Lab nurses must have up to date BLS and ACLS training.
- Ensure that controlled drug records are kept in accordance with standard recognised legal and professional practice.
- Ensure safe practice is adhered to in the storage and administration of all drugs in accordance with local policy and Department of Health / NMBI guidelines, keeping patient and staff safety a priority.
- Supervise the nursing practice of less experienced staff members of the nursing team and participate in the educational aspects of that practice.
- Keep accurate, comprehensive, up-dated records and written reports as required and guided by NMBI recommendations.
- Ensure correct and economical use of Unit stocks and material and the safe and correct use of all equipment.
- Ensure the safe keeping of patient’s belongings in accordance with hospital policy where necessary.
- Document all necessary care given.
- Be in charge of the Unit when requested to do so in the CNMs absence.
- Be willing to be deployed to other areas of the hospital if requested to do so.
- Document and report to the CNM, in a timely and comprehensive manner, any incidents, accidents, near misses or complaints and participate in any subsequent investigation as requested.
- Participate in staff meetings, team meetings and committees as required.
- Be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses maintained by NMBI
- Have at least one years recent relevant post-registration nursing experience (full-time or equivalent hours part-time) in an acute hospital setting
- Hold an up-to-date Basic Life Support course or be in pursuit of same
The Hermitage Medical Clinic is an Equal Opportunities Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality at all levels of the organisation.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.