Our Killarney home is a 56-bed modern nursing home, providing a high standard of care 24 hours a day. We offer residential care as well as specialist care for those with Dementia. We also provide respite care to give home carers a much-needed break.
We are now recruiting for a Staff Nurse for Killarney Nursing Home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and ensuring they are treated as individuals.
- Understand the Named Nurse concept, its function, and implementation and ensure that all relevant documentation is maintained.
- Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all residents, relatives, and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times, especially to the bereaved.
- Ensure all Mowlam Healthcare policies are known and adhered to by all staff.
- Maintain clear, concise, and accurate records within the home in accordance with legislation and Mowlam Standards.
- Ensures the agreed policies and procedures for the control, administration and custody of all drugs and medicines are adhered to.
- Knowledge and awareness of HIQA standards and ability to participate in inspection process.
- Ensure all admissions to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation completed.
- Liaise with health care professionals as necessary regarding the discharge of a resident to the community to ensure continuity of care.
- First level registration.
- Previous managerial training / experience, an advantage.
- Registered on the NMBI live register.
Person Specification / Skills / Attributes:
- Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills.
- Sound decision making ability.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Results driven.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Home Manager.