Type of role: 1) Staff Nurse – Mental Health Hospital; 2) Staff Nurse – Elderly Care
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours: 39 hrs p/w – includes weekend and night duty
Experience required: 1+ year experience
I am delighted to assist my client, an independent not for profit healthcare provider located in Dublin who are seeking Staff Nurses to join their fantastic team. My client provides a state of the art environment for the care and treatment of its patients and residents and offer two services on site – Elderly care in a purpose built 36 bedded nursing home and mental health care in a 114 bedded mental health hospital.
- Accountability for the provision of a professional, efficient and effective nursing service of the highest standard and ethical responsibility.
- Ensure safe custody, accurate recording and administration of drugs in accordance with established the physical, psychological, sociocultural, spiritual and vocational needs of the patient/resident. Plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care programmes within the agreed framework for practice.
- Adapt a collaborative approach to patient care through the co-ordination of care and interventions provided by other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records regarding patient care.
- Take management responsibility for the unit in the absence of the clinical nurse manager.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Act as an advocate for the patient and their families to ensure that they are appropriately informed and counselled regarding their care needs.
- Registered in the General OR Psychiatric OR Intellectual Disabilities Division of the NMBI. Dual qualified also desirable
- Decision Letter Nurses also considered
- Possess minimum 1 year post registration nursing experience in adult mental health services/rehabilitation mental services services/community based mental health services.
- Flexibility to work across a 7/7 rolling roster, 365 days a year
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Energetic individual with clinical experience in working with a team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of clinical governance.
- Ability to lead, teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student nurses and healthcare staff and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
- Family friendly working arrangements
- Fixed roster patterns
- Generous healthcare staff shift premiums (25% night duty, double time Sundays and bank holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Career development
- Comprehensive training programmes
- Further education supports
- On-site library and research facility
- Employee well-being programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Free onsite staff parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax saver commuter tickets
For more information on this exciting role, please contact Chloe in FRS on or apply directly.