Would you like to work for a great employer? Enable Ireland is an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of children and adults with disabilities in Ireland, and ranked 8th in the healthcare division of the Irish Independent’s Best Employers 2022 list.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Support Worker to join our team in Kerry Adult Services.
Contract Type: This is a Permanent part time contract.
Contract Hours: 15 hours per week – morning, evenings & weekends
Overview of the Post:
To provide support to adult service users to enable them to participate in their community, increase their own personal independence, achieve person centred goals and facilitate inclusion. The support worker will provide practical, personal and social support to the individuals and groups they work with.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working under the direction of the Adult Services Manager to provide person-centred support to those that use our service.
• Working in partnership with service owners to facilitate their active involvement in the development and achievement of personal and group goals.
• Assisting with all activities of daily living; personal care, showering, session support, driving/escort duties and dealing with any other special needs of service owners.
• Assisting with transport needs by being available to drive service or service owner’s vehicles.
• Responsible for general well-being of service owners whilst in attendance.
• Supporting service owners within the center, home, community and virtual setting.
• To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of the service owners at all times.
• Develop, participate and contribute to the Person Centred Planning and key working process in line with the National New Directions Policy and Guidelines.
The successful candidate will have:
• Qualification in relevant Health Care/Social Care (Fetac level 5)
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience working as a Health Care Assistant.
• Experience of working in a keyworking role with Adults.
• Experience of working with Adults with physical, sensory and neurological disabilities.
• Experience & ability to support individuals with personal/intimate care needs.
• Experience & ability to support individuals with Eating Drinking and Swallowing needs.
• Full Clean drivers licence
• Knowledge of Person Centred Approaches.
• 3 years’ experience of working within the disability sector
• Knowledge of Social Role Valorisation theory of practice
• Possess a D1 driving licence or be willing obtain one
• Knowledge of Enable Ireland Services and strategic priorities
• Knowledge of New Directions Policy
If you feel you would fit the role then please submit your application today.
As an employee of Enable Ireland, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Great training and CPD opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Long service reward schemes
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
♥ Wellbeing Benefits
Closing date for applications: 6 July 2022
A panel may be formed from this vacancy for any similar vacancies, which may arise during the next 12 months.
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
• The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant.
• Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
• Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
• The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment.
• Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and 2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy.
By clicking on the Continue to application button you will be directed to the careers section of our website where you can download an application form/job description/person specification and will find instructions on how to apply.