Excel Healthcare now has some excellent opportunities available for experienced & talented Support Workers in Galway. You will support individuals in a residential setting with all activities of daily living & enable them to live independent lives in line with HIQA national standards.
Responsibilities as a Support Worker:
- Empower Service Users to live independent lives within their residential homes & community.
- To ensure personal & intimate care is provided & ensure privacy & dignity are respected at all times.
- Provide the necessary physical assistance with Patient Manual & Handling training.
- Administer medication in line with the medication process.
- Transport service users to facilitate access to all daily living activities.
- Participate in household duties & support the development & delivery of individual support files.
- Responsible to record & reporting on daily documentation.
- Designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Immediately report all safeguarding allegations or concerns in line with policy & legislation.
- As per policy record & report all incidents.
- Maintain professional communication & relationships with the team, service user’s family & customers.
- To be aware of safe working conditions & implement safe work practices & immediately report potential hazards, incidents & concerns.
- Follow tasks assigned on the daily planner.
- Positively & actively engage in team meetings, supervisions, training & team events.
- Responsible for safekeeping & recording of service user & house monies & spending.
- Assigned as Key Worker to take the lead as Service User advocate, arrange appointments, liaise with family & develop & implement goals & complete & maintain documentation in individual support file.
Requirements as a Support Worker:
- QQI relevant qualification
- Overage 18
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent command of spoken & written English
- Knowledge of HIQA standards
- Work or student experience in social care or relevant sector
Benefits as a Support Worker:
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Training Days
- Invaluable experience in their field
- Opportunity for additional training
- Competitive pay rates that are regularly reviewed
- Holiday pay and higher rates for weekends and bank holidays
If you feel this job may suit you or someone you know, apply now or call Kate on for a confidential chat.