ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Support and assist the Senior Tax Manager in completing and submitting the corporation tax computations and returns in line with internal and statutory deadlines.
- Preparation of tax provision and related notes, including audit support, for quarterly US GAAP reporting and annual statutory filings for relevant entities. This will include the posting of related tax journals and preparation of tax accounting disclosures in Group and local financial statements.
- Support the Finance team, as required, with any VAT related queries to ensure the Group is VAT compliant.
- Support the Senior Tax Manager in the provision of accurate tax advice to internal partners (e.g. Finance, Legal, HR, Treasury etc) in an efficient and timely manner. Support the Senior Tax Manager in the undertaking of reviews of revenue streams and other matters to ensure tax compliance throughout the Group.
- Support process improvements within the tax team and assisting with restructuring and ad hoc tax projects.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders throughout the Group as well as external stakeholders such as Tax Authorities and advisors.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Newly qualified Tax Advisor/ Qualified Accountant. Post qualification experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of integrated ERP system (preferably Oracle), Microsoft Office, Excel. Experience in AlphaTax is desirable.
- Self-starter with ability to work successfully on own and as a team player.
- Takes ownership of tasks to ensure work progresses.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.