Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
Our Tax Risk & Controversy team are highly skilled specialists and advise on all aspects of Revenue interventions, tax disputes and management of tax risk. We work with clients to assess tax risk through the application of strong commercial judgement and deep technical expertise. We commit to delivering successful results quickly, discreetly and effectively for clients.
The TR&C team consists of experts from all tax specialisms, ex Revenue officials and lawyers who have spent over 30 years carrying out Revenue interventions.
We have extensive experience helping clients through complex multi tax-head Revenue audits, interventions and disputes. We represent clients before the Tax Appeals Commission.
We are recognised as the go-to subject-matter experts for clients who are looking to manage their tax risk, navigate their way through Revenue interventions and appeals, and resolve disputes with Revenue.
What we do:
Our Tax Controversy team, which consists of former Revenue auditors, lawyers and specialists across all tax heads, has extensive experience in helping clients successfully navigate through tax disputes and tax appeals.
As Ireland’s leading tax professionals, we work with a diverse range of businesses and top tier clients across a range of industries including technology, internet and media, pharmaceuticals, medical technology, retail and consumer, and manufacturing. Our clients are global leaders in their fields. When their commercial and reputational interests are at stake, they turn to us. This is an opportunity for an experienced professional with litigation and/or tax experience to join our dynamic and growing PwC Tax Risk & Controversy team.
About this Role:
This role is a unique and challenging position within the Tax Controversy team. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best tax professionals both in PwC Ireland and within our global network giving you a unique opportunity to collaborate with colleagues around the world to work not only on Irish tax issues but also on transactions spanning international borders. There are no geographical limits to our expertise. We are a team that embraces the digital transformation being undertaken in our business and are focused on using technology-based solutions to deliver an excellent client service. Successful candidates will work in an extremely interesting and exciting environment.
As a member of the Tax Risk & Controversy team, you will work directly with clients and provide wider support to internal engagement teams across the practice. You will report into the Tax Director.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting clients to proactively manage their tax controversy in the most efficient manner possible.
- Supporting and assisting clients throughout the appeal process from preparing for and filing an appeal to preparing and attending hearings before the TAC and higher courts.
- Bringing clients key insights on Revenue and TAC activity, structure & personnel.
- Advising clients on the services our team can provide and helping to develop new services to meet emerging client demands. Client relationship development work will include driving new business opportunities.
- Advising clients in knowing their rights, their options, and the processes involved for the resolution of their disputes.
- Serving as a key team resource for resolving practical queries or unusual situations related to our work.
- Embrace the digital transformation being undertaken in our business. Be motivated to familiarise yourself with these evolutions and to drive these technologies further in our day-to-day business and that of our clients.
- Bring business knowledge, innovation and insight to create value for clients and the firm.
- Be responsible for managing and advising within budgetary and time constraints, while providing a high level of client satisfaction.
- Operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset that transcends geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Build your professional network and manage client relationships in order to find business opportunities with innovative companies.
- Take an active role in training our junior and senior staff members promoting a learning culture.
- Motivate your team to perform at their best, make a difference and deliver results, while providing mentorship and guidance allowing them to stretch to their full potential.
- Be part of and contribute to the fun and engaging working environment.
About you – Key skills and competencies:
- At least 7 years experience in a legal/tax background.
- Legal/Tax professional qualification.
- Experience in litigation and dispute resolution is preferable.
- Ability to direct and drive the success of multiple engagements.
- Business Acumen – using a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist your clients in making innovative business decisions.
- Relationship management – ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Creativity – demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems, including digital technology and solutions.
- Ambition- demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Leadership – demonstrate strong commitment and experience to developing yourself, your team members, your clients and your business.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player and manager with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
Create your future with us:
The world of work has changed and we are changing with it!
At PwC, we believe that challenges are better solved together. A career with us means joining a purpose led and diverse, global community where you will do meaningful work with our amazing clients.
Our culture is unique and what sets us apart. Our people really are at the very heart of our business.
So, when you join us, you will be empowered to work flexibly in a way that works for you, your clients and the teams around you, supporting your wellbeing.
We work tirelessly so that you can unlock your full potential and give you everything you need to take your career where you want it to go.
We appreciate what you bring to our culture,our team and our clients and we recognise and celebrate you for it.
Our tech-powered and global capabilities come together so that you can make an impact not only to clients and our teams but on the world around us too.
Find out more about Life@PwC
Of course, we also offer all the perks you would expect from a leading employer for every stage of your journey with us.
From everyday flexibility to working from abroad, learning and development or reward and recognition. We have best in class inclusive and family friendly perks and policies that meet you where you are- in your life and in your career.
Check out a sample of them here
PwC is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we believe passionately in employing a diverse workforce so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Elevate Pledge.
We recognise that confidence and the imposter syndrome can sometimes hold you back from applying for your dream job. Whatever your path is or however you identify, please don’t hesitate to apply – we would love to hear from you!
You can learn more about how we are driving a culture of belonging at PwC, and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more, by visiting