Manage total product life cycle (TPLC) of assigned product line(s) from idea inception to obsolescence. Assist in the development, and communication of the global strategy for the assigned product line(s), and lead execution in alignment with specialty, division and company business goals, vision and strategy. Ensure the assigned product line and team is efficient, effective, and compliant in meeting the needs of our customers and internal stakeholders and communicate those needs to Division leadership. Supervise and assist in coaching and developing a product management team and ensure all team members are acting in support of company values and goals.
Reporting to: Director, Global Product Management
- Work closely with stakeholders within the Division, Marketing, company Functions and Operational Units (including R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Engineering, Operations, and other groups) to implement the strategy for assigned product line(s) and ensure consistency in priorities, policies, compliance, processes, structure, and projects.
- Plan and establish goals and objectives for the team, with direct impact on the immediate or short-term operational results of the assigned product line(s).
- Manage the financial health of product line(s) by setting appropriate pricing thresholds, managing margins and cost improvement opportunities, in collaboration with commercial business and other company teams.
- Responsible for the availability and efficiency of assigned product line(s) within the TPLC; collaborate with functional teams and contribute to developing product retirement strategies when necessary.
- Demonstrate and maintain an extensive understanding of relevant market trends, including case volume, the regulatory environment, healthcare economics and the TPLC.
- Collaborate with specialty leadership to establish and drive aligned business goals and strategy across specialty product lines.
- Collaborate with specialty and senior leadership to improve upon existing processes and systems.
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external stakeholders to identify and establish design input requirements, in collaboration with strategic marketing and R&D.
- Responsible to develop short to mid-term (e.g. 1-2 year) plans and execute the annual strategic goals for assigned product line(s) containing drivers, limiters, and enablers.
- Plan and execute efficient product roll-outs through collaboration with strategic marketing, product launch teams, sales, commercial business, regulatory, R&D, and manufacturing.
- Lead and complete large and complex projects in a timely manner for planned and unplanned product specific events including, but not limited to, product launches, backorders and recalls, through collaboration with strategic marketing, sales, commercial business, regulatory, R&D, and manufacturing.
- In collaboration with the commercial business team, continuously evaluate and improve profitability for the assigned product line(s) through development of the product pricing strategy and supply chain effectiveness. Monitor key metrics in line with company and Division financial objectives.
- Ensure availability and efficiency of assigned product line(s) during the entire product lifecycle, facilitate collaboration with functional teams and contribute to developing product retirement strategies when necessary.
- Identify issues or opportunities with assigned product line(s) and systems that may have potential impact on our company brand and/or reputation and communicate those to leadership.
- Provide input on project resource estimates and collaborate with other departments to identify and mitigate project risks.
- Collaborate with Human Resources in the process of hiring, developing, and retaining a high performing, diverse workforce.
- Establish and maintain strong team communication through regular interactions and meetings.
- Ensure the team is aware of division and company mission, vision, purpose, and business strategy and overall company status and news.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities, performance expectations, and training requirements are developed and clearly documented and communicated to each employee. Cultivate a safe, secure, and supportive environment where employees can thrive, and morale is maintained.
- Foster and maintain a workplace culture respectful and supportive of individual differences.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and feedback, both formally through the performance management process and informally through daily discussions and interactions, while recognizing employees for their contributions.
- Work with each team member on a unique development plan including strengths, areas to improve, and career goals that is reviewed and revised on a quarterly basis.
- Meet deadlines and ensure employees complete administrative tasks such as expenses, training, reporting, policy acknowledgements, submission of performance reviews, etc. in a timely manner.
- Maintain our culture, values, and commitment to ethics and compliance by recognizing, demonstrating, and enforcing appropriate and compliant behaviour.
- Within scope of responsibility, ensure all quality, regulatory, compliance and product specific requirements are met.
- Understand and be accountable for conducting Cook business with integrity and in compliance with applicable standards including Cook policies.
- Ensure that Cook’s Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on Cook’s behalf.
- Third level degree in related field and/or equivalent relevant experience desired.
- Advanced level knowledge of multiple aspects of product management (e.g. clinical, technical, business acumen, etc.) with experience managing individual or multiple product lines, in the medical device industry.
- Prior people management experience &/or proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrate positive and constructive behaviours that drive team cooperation in achieving objectives and building cross functional relationships.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentations skills.
- Proven ability to think strategically.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business as required.
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.