Our client is a well-established global company who have operations in Ireland in a state-of-the-art facility, are now recruiting for a Team Lead ( technician team) to manage a zone on their Blanchardstown site on a permanent basis. Our Client is a global leader in vacuum and abatement within the semiconductor industry. They are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life, working in partnership with their customers, and continually setting new standards.
In this role you will ensure the efficient operation of the designated teams and provide assistance to the workshop management as appropriate. You will manage and motivate the team of Workshop Technicians and Sr. Workshop Technicians, ensuring their cross-training and professional and personal development to excel in their role.
- Completes Lead safe and act safe observations at the zone, controls all safety principles are followed, manages and analyses risk assessments and internal safety regulations in entrusted area. Reports all safety incidents (e.g. Loss Time Accident, Medical Treatment Cases) within 24 hours.
- Manages regular zone safety drills. Introduces weekly safety topics.
- Checks the available equipment in the zone daily and ensures PPE is properly defined against the proper procedure.
- Manages disciplinaries, absenteeism as well as overtimes within the zone.
- Is responsible for updating ITP documentation, leads regular (monthly) audits in the zone. Is responsible for carrying out actions based on RCE (Risk Control Element) audits.
- Ensures ISO 9001 compliance in the zone.
- Manages calibration on the tools used in the zone.
- Takes an active part in the setting of 6S principles, leads the team to follow established rules, supports the zone during any process improvement activities, manages KAIZENs.
- Ensures SIMS (short interval management system) report is published every day.
- Prepares daily plan in coordination with planners based on weakly requests. Oversees the progress of repair orders and takes actions where necessary to meet deadlines Ensures OTD (On Time Delivery) and TAT (Turn Around Time) indicators are met.
- Plans manpower needed based on the orders forecast.
- Leads daily meetings with the zone and participates on other daily meetings.
- Creates and co-ordinates flexibility within team to provide covers for long-term absence. Manages overtimes and annual leaves. Provides mentoring/coaching and support to direct reports to develop their skills and career progression, plans career progressions. Leads and evaluates the performance of direct reports in the team.
- Enters and oversees correctness of information and data in SAP. Obeys and implements the company’s quality standards program.
- Diploma/Degree in one of the following disciplines; Electronic, Technical, Mechanical, Mechatronics OR equivalent knowledge through trades experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a supervisor ideally in a similar environment OR production/manufacturing facility.
- Servicing electro/mechanical systems. Experience in semiconductor industry is advantageous.
- An understanding of engineering drawings and circuit diagrams is required.
- Able to lead, motivate and supervise team members to achieve targets.
- Possesses good organisational, leadership skills and excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results orientated.
- Proven histor of producing products on time and to company standard.
- Good knowledge of English is a must.
- Must be PC literate and be able to use windows driven software.
Attractive Benefits package on offer:
- Discretionary bonus at 7.5%
- Company Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance – 3x salary
- Family Healthcare
- Long Term Disability benefit
- 25 days holiday increasing to 27 after 5 years, and 28 days after 10 years.
- Long service awards every 5 years
- Reward and recognition awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Gillian Nicholson at gillian.nich or call Gillian on
Our client is a well-established global company who have operations in Ireland in a state-of-the-art facility, are now recruiting for a