ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Limerick’s Custody Client Service team are responsible for 600+ clients. The department has a high level of interaction with internal teams to source information which enables the team to provide Prompt Quality Responses for all client queries.
Based in Limerick, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships internally & externally. The role entails working as an individual within a team environment with responsibility of owning the service delivery to significant client or clients. The successful candidate will own all aspects of service delivery to ensure we exceed our client expectations for all custody queries.
The individual should have transferrable skills that will add value to the Custody Client Service team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to join a team who are committed to providing exceptional client service to our network of clients
- Ownership of Custody Relationship for assigned client(s).
- Point of consultation for all client queries including investigation and resolution work
- Initiates frequent, proactive communication with internal and external clients.
- Leads / Conducts Service Reviews.
- Structured daily tasks and checklists to be completed and signed off
- Adherence to departmental controls with an emphasis on REMS, CASS and MIFID II requirements
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with critical business partners, internal clients & relevant third parties, e.g. operational teams, trustees, external advisors, consultants, etc.
- Track service & delivery results against project plans and SLD (Service Level Delivery)
- Attend to all aspects of service delivery, from daily client deliverables, all client custody queries, internal queries, new product and process and any process relating to clients under your remit.
- Provide appropriate escalation of service & delivery and other relevant issues / opportunities to Relationship Managers / Client Service Managers / Internal Stakeholders.
- Manage the overall service to client(s) with goal of delivering proactive, unparalleled client service to clients.
- Promote the highest standards of integrity, accountability & client service across GFS EMEA and the global GFS business.
- Represent Custody Client Service at internal forums
- Assist with the development of junior colleagues within the department by sharing knowledge and expertise
- Identify recurrent issues and bring to resolution
- Create and foster an inclusive environment where team members interact with trust, respect and a shared sense of purpose and collective impact
- Several years’ experience within Fund Services (preferably Custody)
- Technical knowledge of the securities industry, its products and instruments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Strong leadership skills, and also as an advocate for the company.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to persuade and influence change / best practice.
- Ability to communicate with partners and clients at all levels.
- Ability to create and foster an inclusive environment within overall team.
- Ability to learn and share client strategy, infrastructure, products, and key personnel across the organisation.
- Proven ability to improve service delivery, efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Possess the initiative to take ownership and lead projects resulting from market/regulatory changes.
WORKING WITH US
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater