Would you like to become a Healthcare Assistant but don’t have any education/training? Maybe you have one module complete, or need work experience to complete your QQI Level 5?
Mowlam Healthcare is delighted to announce that Healthcare Assistant Training is available in each of our nursing homes across Ireland. We will cover the cost of the online QQI Level 5 training while you work to gain experience in our nursing will be paid for all hours workied during training and will gain invaluable experience as a Healthcare Assistant.
What do we offer?
- Guaranteed hours contracts
- Premium Sunday and Bank Holidays rates
- Paid breaks
- Paid trainings
- Free meals
- Free uniforms
- Death in Service Cover
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
Sound like the ideal opportunity for you? Read below for more information.
What does this role entail?
- Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support, and companionship
- Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising, and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
- Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
- Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
- Participating, organising, and carrying out social activities
- Sustaining high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
- Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge and management.
You must be flexible for online training, work placement and employment.
Our homes operate 24 hours/day, 365 days/year and therefore flexibility is required. You may be asked to work weekdays, weekends, nights, and public holidays.
You will be required to show documentary evidence that you are entitled to work in Ireland on a full-time or part-time basis.
We are actively doing phone interviews for candidates interested in working in Killarney Nursing Home, so get your application in now if you would like to be considered!
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Home Manager.