embecta, formerly part of BD, is one of the largest pure-play diabetes care companies in the world, leveraging its nearly 100-year legacy in insulin delivery to empower people with diabetes to live their best life through innovative solutions, partnerships and the passion of more than 2,000 employees around the globe.
Job Description Summary
The Training Specialist will support the Training Department at developing & managing training/L&D programmes & projects across all levels of the organisation.
- Deliver, document and evaluate training for manufacturing personnel in line with embecta Dun Laoghaire training policies and procedures to a standard that meets regulatory requirements.
- Manage embecta Learning Management System (LMS), updating training curricula, generating reports, and providing training information when required.
- Design, develop and deliver training programs so that certain areas of training can be completed individually and/or remotely.
- Deliver ‘Train the Trainer’ program for Production Trainers and coordinate with Shift Managers to align training resources.
- Manage the administration requirements for the Training Department and in support of production; engage with manufacturing workstreams supporting with training initiatives.
- Assist in maintaining the training system for the manufacturing operators to ensure that training files are kept up to date.
- Liaise with Shift Managers on training needs for manufacturing personnel and coordinate schedule; ensure the correct training is assigned and learning plans are up to date for all associates.
- Track and report on site training compliance ensuring Corporate Targets are maintained, liaising with areas on follow up of overdue training.
- Respond, investigate, and close out any Training related queries from associates.
- Coordinate and track the completion of Operators training packs.
- Track and file all training records ensuring accuracy.
- Provide training approval on document updates and corporate document alignment meetings.
- Review training documents and processes updates in SAP when required.
Relevant third level qualification with additional Communication, Organisational and Computer skills.
- Experience of working in a regulated and high volume manufacturing environment. Medical device industry experience is an advantage.
- Microsoft Office is required for this position.
- Strong understanding and detailed knowledge of the training workflows.
- Experience with Internal Auditing.
- Experience working with a Training Learning Management System (LMS) would be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively with a cross functional team.
- Flexible, adaptable and be an agent for change in the organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to innovate.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with excellent motivational and inter-personal skills.
Primary Work Location
IRL Dun Laoghaire – Pottery Road