Position: Vice President – Fiduciary (Director Services)
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin-based Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Vice President supports the Director Services team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: Under the supervision of Senior Vice Presidents, the VP will serve as a relationship manager for a diverse portfolio of special purpose vehicles (SPVs) engaged in a variety of activities, including, asset finance, aircraft leasing, structured finance, CDOs/CLOs, note programmes, warehouses and securitisations.
- Acting as a director to and being the client relationship manager for a portfolio of SPVs;
- Analysing proposed structures from a new business acceptance perspective, obtaining approvals, where required, issuing fee quotes and managing the onboarding of new clients;
- Reviewing transaction documents and files;
- Ensuring that each client relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures;
- Liaising with originators, investment managers, arrangers, aircraft lessors, operators, lawyers and other relevant parties;
- Understanding and speaking knowledgeably about Maples Group services and its values;
- Ad-hoc project work, as required, including assessing the impact of new legislation relevant to SPVs and procuring that the relevant SPVs act in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Occasional client relationship management and business development activities, including attending relevant industry events and industry association meetings;
- Assisting with the management and training of more junior members of the Director Services team;
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection process and
- Dealing with daily client and internal queries and administrative matters whilst ensuring high levels of service delivery, as well as acting as a primary point of contact for ongoing issue resolution
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- The successful candidate will have current/previous similar experience in a corporate, accounting, legal or trust environment
- A strong academic background
- He/she will have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications as well as the ability to use initiative and work well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- An understanding of structured and asset finance transactions utilising SPVs, experience in reviewing transaction documents and of acting as a director to SPVs, and knowledge of corporate governance, relevant local laws and regulatory requirements would be a distinct advantage;
- This post requires the ability to think broadly and consider a wide range of internal and external factors when solving problems, attention to detail, professionalism and excellent organisational and communication skills.
Benefits & Rewards
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work policy
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world’s preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
You can learn more about the Maples Group on . Experience our culture and our people on our or on .
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.