Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe, with facilities and operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands.
We take a long view, which is why sustainability is at the core of our business and also our company culture. Our trademark is delivering high quality, cost effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste market across Ireland.
Our waste-to-energy facility in Meath is the first of its kind on the island of Ireland. We process over 220,000t of residual waste each year and produce electricity to power 22,000 homes annually.
We are looking to build our team to facilitate growth. This is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to learn new skills and develop in their career.
As Mobile TWM Operative, you’ll be a member of Indaver’s Mobile Total Waste Management Team. This role is field based and predominately covers the Dublin area and also the Leinster region. This role will be based mainly on leading pharmaceutical plants.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all waste is correctly packaged, labeled and removed from customers sites in accordance with current regulations (ADR and IMDG).
- With the assistance of internal specialists, you will carry out all packing and repacking of waste in compliance with regulations, while working in a controlled, efficient and safe manner.
- Provide confirmation that all waste movements are 100% accurate in line with legislation.
- Load waste onto collection vehicles, while ensuring that all waste shipments are compliant with both transport and environmental legislation.
- As part of the Mobile TWM team you will endeavor to provide our customers with an excellent level of service at all times.
- Ensure correct and complete information is passed to the relevant department to avoid delays in moving waste from customers sites.
- Management of waste levels on site for both hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Pro-actively engage and support the Indaver safety culture, while ensuring full compliance with safety procedures and instructions in order to ensure a safe workplace for all.
Experience and qualifications
- 1-2 years experience in waste management or relevant waste experience in Pharma/Production Petro-Chemical environments.
- Knowledge in the following areas is an advantage (DGSA, ADR / IMDG,)
- Full clean driving license and forklift license
- Experience of chemical handling / chemical awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with careful attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Computer skills an advantage
- Safe Pass (desirable but not essential as training will be provided)
Taking care of our colleagues is of most importance to us:
At Indaver we provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance.
- Fully expensed company vehicle; Laptop; Mobile phone
- Competitive Salaries
- Very attractive pension scheme
- Paid Private Healthcare
- Paid family leave
- Increasing Annual leave with service
- Paid Educational, study and exam leave to support further learnings
- Long service rewards
- Tax saver and Cycle to work scheme
- Paid parking
- Death in Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
To be considered for this role you will be redirected to and must complete the application process on our careers page. To start the process click the Continue to Application or Login/Register to apply button below.